Thursday 29 March 2012

more march tunes

this time I decided to make a mix of more dancy, electronic stuff, mostly from about 20 years ago (and quite a bit of which was from Moore's CD collection).

1. The Sea - Morcheeba (this track served as my morning wake-up call when we were all living in Langley Moor. Some of you may remember it.)

2. Hustle - Tunng (more recent than most on this mix, but a lovely little song recommended to me by Andy L)

3. Music In My Mind - Adam F (ahh, mid 90s drum & bass. is it just me who misses this stuff?)

4. Walk Now, Talk Now - Day One (a Mr Beard recommendation which I first heard in Copenhagen. I love the guitar in this. although the use of the phrase 'information superhighway' does date it somewhat)

5. Windowlicker - Aphex Twin (can anyone hear this without thinking of the frankly terrifying video? much more scary than "come to daddy" in my opinion...)

6. Stoney Street - Amon Tobin (from a mix tape Danny sent me when we were living in Nice. magnificent double-bass. cheesy sax. what's not to love?).

7. Aisha - Death in Vegas ("aisha! I'm VIBRATING!". Iggy Pop. scary man).

8. Velvet Pants - Propellerheads (ridiculous cheery slice of big beat. why did they only do one album?)

9. Alpha Beta Gaga - Air (first heard while bed-bound recovering from knee ops. managed to make me smile through the codeine...)

10. Bentley's Gonna Sort You Out - Bentley Rhythm Ace (thanks nick!)

11. At The River - Groove Armada (possibly the finest trombone sound on record. lazy, easy, and a nice ending).

Here's the link to the playlist on spotify.

Toodle pip.




4 comments:

  1. computer on. cup of tea filled. playlist is on.

    glad you are doing the spotify things. so handy.

    unrelated: have you ever seen the steve coogan show "Saxondale" (c. 2006). I happened to see episode 1 this week, it's brrilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have got to grips with spotify I shall endeavour to use that for all playlists.

    I haven't seen saxondale, but heard it was good. Isn't it about a roadie with some 70s band which has reformed? Think I will check it out on your recommendation.

    On an equally unrelated note, I have been rediscovering the joys of squarepusher. Irritatingly though, his first album (which was the only one I had and which I've now lost) isn't available any more. Curses (mutters to himself).

    Glad you're enjoying the Tunng track it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Tuung is cool. Listened to "And We Saw Land" quite a lot start of last year I think. Really like the track "With Whisky" as well. Got the Death in Vegas on now and loving it. Haven't listened to them enough in the past, might have to have a catch up session.

    Have to say though I fast-forwarded past the Day One. Always found the track just a little bit annoying! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the inclusion of some Propellorheads as well. In a way, I kind of like that they only did one album. It's kind of negative, but I can imagine any follow-ups would have struggled to have been as good as that one album.

    ReplyDelete